Monday, November 12, 2007

Scraps and Sneezes

I spend yet another weekend at at scrapbook retreat. It was actually quite the busy weekend for me. Friday after work, R and I went to a craft fair and then out to dinner. We didn't realize how late it was until she dropped me off at the house and it was 10 pm! We had to be up the next morning and at the scrapbook retreat by 9:30 am! And we would be up till midnight so we really needed our beauty sleep. The dogs had other plans. I was woken up at 4:30 am by Lucie barking at I have no idea what. I think there is a parade of some sort that goes past the house in the wee morning hours. I really need to call the city about the parade route. So, I tried, but failed in my attempt to fall asleep again. At 5:30 I gave up the ghost and went to watch early morning TV. Boy, was that stimulating. Actually, there was an interesting infommerical for a Circut machine. It cuts out die cuts to use for card making, scrapbooking, etc. They never really revealed the price tho. Good thing too. If I wasn't so lazy I might have gotten off the couch to find the credit card. Further research on the web today reavealed that the little beauty is not just the $49.95 for the 30-day trial, but an additional 3-4 payments of the same amount. Ouch.

The Circut is actually pretty cool. A fellow scrapper had one with her on Saturday so I was able to see it in action. Nifty, but not $300 nifty (plus $50 for addtional font cartridges, etc....). I figure I can always borrow hers if I need something. We scrappers are pretty friendly in that respect. In other scrapping news, I managed to catch up several albums on Saturday and finished the 2nd knitting album. I'm on to the third! Woo Hoo!!!

Sunday I slept. Actually, I was once again woken up at 6:30 am so the little fuzz balls could be fed breakfast. I think I have mentioned this before, but it seems I pour the kibble much better than Ron, as I checked and he was awake!!! Dippy dogs. I took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. The dogs were outside.

Pershing has been sneezing all weekend. I have a call into his vet to see if it is just allergies or something more serious. After the doggie issues we have had this year I have gotten to be quite the nervous mommy. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I'm going to a Yarn Tasting party tonight after work at our LYS (local yarn shop) All That Yarn. Joan (the owner) has samples of the new yarns set out on dinner plates and you get to try knitting with them to see if you like how the yarn feels and knits up. There are even sample patterns to go with the yarns. There is good food served (prepared by the chef at the Casper Country Club - also a fellow knitter), and spiced cider as well. Yum! I am looking forward to this fun evening. I expect to see some of my knitting students there as well.

No comments: