Thursday, November 15, 2007

Project Runway

Everyone has a vice, a skelton in the closet if you will. As a rule, I do not like reality programing. Give me an episode of Friends or CSI or South Park and I am happy. I change the channel if Survivor or Amazing Race or American Idol is on. But there is one reality show that I must watch, that just fascinates me, and that is "Project Runway" on Bravo. "Make it Work", "You are either in, or you're out", "Aufwiederschein". Ah, great quotes. I have always been interested in fashion - just not wearing it. If you know me at all you know that I love jeans, sweats, thermals, flannel, etc. I love owning shoes, just not wearing them. I am not a high fashion kind of gal, but I love to see the design process on this show, how the clothes are constructed, and yes, I love the petty bickering. I like how Tim Gunn can stay cool, how Michael Kors keeps a straight face during the runway shows, and the final show during Fashion Week is just awesome to watch. I can knit socks, I can sew a basic skirt, but I could not make a high fashion gown in 8 hours! The designers are weirder than weird, yet very talented. So, if you call me between 8 and 9 pm MST on Wednesday nights, be prepared for me to be less than attentive as I will be glued to the TV.

Last night was the premier of Season 4 and it looks to be a great season. Simone was "out" as her dress was not very well constructed (she had no zipper and had to sew it on the model) and the jacket did not really go with the dress. I though that Sweet P's dress looked like a potato sack, but what do I know. I loved the jacket that Christian made - very 1890's.

I hope you have a chance to catch an episode and enjoy it as much as I do. If not, then watch your own guilty pleasure and enjoy!

No comments: