Wednesday, January 16, 2008

UFO's

I've been finishing off a bunch of UFO's this month (UnFinished Objects to you non-knitters). I finally finished the S'mores Socks and they are ready to go to the Girl Scout Council Silent Auction. I hope someone really enjoys them. Last night I also finally finished an afghan. I started this sucker about 4 years ago when I first started knitting. It is knit in 7 separate panels and then seamed together. The partially completed first panel spent several years laying around my yarn room mocking me. Over the past 18 months I starting working on the panels again - a nice break between socks and holiday knitting. The last panel was knit this weekend while watching playoff games (Go Giants!) and I finished seaming the panels last night! As soon as I get a photo I'll post it. It looks really cool. Only two more UFO afghans to go...

Speaking of photos:
Here is my lovely brother modeling his Christmas present - the big red dog hat. (And no, we can never get a normal photo of Dave.) He wanted an ear flap hat, in University of Arizona colors, and the dog motif was a must. Dave has a big tan dog - Farley the English Mastiff. I lined the hat with fleece as he has a bald head and the wool might be too much against the skin. It is a very warm hat and perfect for him to wear after his workouts. Dave is currently in training to participate in the Ironman Triathlon in Arizona this spring - go Dave!! He wears special gear for working out in winter weather, but the hat is great to wear after the training. In fact, his triathlon club mate people really liked the hat as well. Dave did wish there was a tassel on the top. Maybe I'll send him just the tassel for his birthday.
If all goes according to plan there will be a most surprising post on Friday.

No comments: